If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (248) 698-7899

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Fire Safety Tips

6/5/2019 (Permalink)

Here is a photo of a local fire with smoke damage!

Every year in Livingston County, SERVPRO of Greater Highland/White Lake is called out to address fires that begin in the garage and that is why we try to educate homeowners on possible fire hazards.  Most of these fires are caused by electrical shortages/ malfunctions or by improperly stored flammable liquids.  This fire was caused when a charging station was placed on top of an appliance with flammable liquid inside, the heat from the charger ignited the liquid. 

Follow these simple tips to keep your family and home safe.

  •  Store oil, gasoline, paints, propane and varnishes in a shed away from your home.
  • Keep items that can burn on shelves away from appliances.
  •  Plug only one charging appliance into an outlet and don’t use an extension cord when charging an appliance.
  • Always make sure to have a fire extinguisher on hand for emergencies 

If you experience a garage fire, and need help with the after math, SERVPRO is here for you! 

Other News

View Recent Posts